Sign-ups are now open for People’s Labour Project’s next round of training on methods & approaches to workplace organizing. A maximum of 30 slots are available, so please fill out the registration form ASAP if you’d like to attend. Registration is free and open to all.
This training is intended for workers who are interested in organizing at their workplace, and for volunteers looking to get involved in PLP’s work as a support organizer. The curriculum covers the skills and tactics necessary to build an organizing committee with your coworkers, certify and set up your union, and fight collectively to win demands against bosses and owners.
Signup requests will be reviewed and filled on a rolling basis until October 30th, with priority given to those who are:
- currently active in organizing at their workplace, or on the verge of beginning a workplace campaign; or
- most interested in joining PLP as a volunteer member to help workers in a support organizer role.
Session Dates & Times:
1. Wednesday November 2nd — 8-10pm ET / 5-7pm PT
1b. Saturday November 5th — 3-5pm ET / 12-2pm PT
2. Wednesday November 9th — 8-10pm ET / 5-7pm PT
3. Wednesday November 16th — 8-10pm ET / 5-7pm PT
3b. Saturday November 19th — 3-5pm ET / 12-2pm PT
4. Wednesday November 23th — 8-10pm ET / 5-7pm PT
5. Wednesday November 30th — 8-10pm ET / 5-7pm PT
5b. Saturday December 3rd — 3-5pm ET / 12-2pm PT
All worker attendees are encouraged to attend the five Wednesday sessions in order to complete “full training”, but makeup options are available. All support organizers & new volunteer members of PLP are expected to attend Wednesdays + the three “B sessions” on alternate Saturdays.
Please indicate your availability on your registration form, and our trainers will work with you to make sure you get as much out of the training as possible if you can’t make it to every session.
(Please note: this training course is fully virtual, to enable people from across the country to attend. Attendees will be emailed a link to join a few days before the first session.)